One of the things every home needs is gutters. They are absolutely essential for the integrity of the home by preventing water damage both at the roof level and the foundation. Whether you are building a home or looking at replacing your current gutters, being knowledgeable about gutter installation will only benefit you.
- Size– Sizing is fairly standard with typically 5 to 6 inch gutters. Always be sure to ask if there are different sizes available in your chosen gutters. If you live where there are seasonal storms that can drop quite a bit of water in a short amount of time, you are going to want the 6 inch size, as they will hold more water.
- Style– There are U-shaped and K-style gutters. The K-style has one straight side and one curved side. They hold water well and are durable. They are also cheaper than the half-round or U-shaped gutters. These look nice, but tend to be more expensive and don’t hold water quite as well.
- Material– Most often, gutters are made of vinyl, aluminum, or copper. Each has its own pros and cons. It’s best to talk with a professional to get all the details to help you make the right choice.
- Type– Gutters either have seams or they are seamless. Seams are more common, but since seams are the weakest part of the gutter, they do wear out much faster than the seamless option. Seamless gutters look great and will last longer, but will cost more upfront, which is something to consider when thinking about gutter installation.
- Company– Whether you are building a home that needs gutters or you are in need of gutter replacement, choosing a competent company to help with your gutter installation is something that will take some effort. Calling to get estimates and asking for referrals from companies you are considering will help you have the peace of mind that you have chosen the right company for the job.
We at 24hourgutters.com have the knowledge and experience to help answer all your questions about the different options available for gutter installation on your home. Call us today!